The Communications Committee is responsible for CVFiber’s messaging. The Communications Committee writes annual reports, develops content for the website, prepares press releases and social media posts, and manages subcontractors working on communications-related tasks.
5:30pm on the Thursday immediately following the 3rd Tuesday of each month.
The governing board always meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month. The Communications Committee always meets on the Thursday of the following week.
See our calendar on the Governing Board page if you are unsure.
Or call in (audio only)
Phone: +1 689-206-9353
Phone Conference ID: 830 099 127#
Chuck Burt (Delegate, Moretown)
- John Morris (Delegate, Marshfield)
- Bruce Stevenson (Alternate, Middlesex)
- John Walters (Community Volunteer, East Montpelier)
The Communications Committee (CC) oversees this development and execution of our communications plans, providing the Governing Board with recommendations on strategic plans for Board approval as well as ongoing status updates and transparency in the execution of these plans.
B. CC Responsibilities:
1. The CC will
- Annually prepare a communications plan and associated budget for Board review and approval. Amendments to the plan may be made by Board review and approval at any time.
- Maintain a master schedule of ongoing activities and assignments.
- Maintain a public dashboard showing status of ongoing CC contract work.
- Maintain and improve CVFiber’s website and social media presence, including responding to or escalating (as needed) inquiries from parties created through such channels.
- Produce and distribute regular community updates to keep our constituents informed of our progress (more or less monthly as CVFiber has meaningful material progress to share).
- Produce and distribute ad hoc community updates on material changes to CVFiber’s structure or operations (as part of regular updates or sent separately, as needed).
- Produce and distribute ad hoc community engagement or calls to action for assistance (as part of regular updates or sent separately, as needed).
- Manage press and public relations (PR), pulling in the CVFiber chair as and when needed to go “on record.”
- Produce, maintain, and optimize demand generation (a.k.a., advertising) campaigns, within budget confines as approved by the Board.
- Produce, maintain, and optimize communications to existing customers of the CVFiber service for both transactional and marketing purposes (as defined by the CAN-SPAM act of 2003 and any subsequent revisions).
- Produce and maintain a list of talking points about CVFiber’s work and services.
The CC shall report to the Board at least monthly, more often as circumstances dictate, or as requested by the Board.
3. Contact Us
Please use our Contact form.
Membership may include delegates, alternates, and community members appointed by the Board.
D. Future Changes in Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities outlined in this charter may be changed by the Board at any time. The CC can recommend changes to this charter for Governing Board review and approval.