Looking for the latest CVFiber Survey? Click here.
CVFiber: Bringing Internet to Central Vermont
CVFiber is a municipal organization made up of 20 Central Vermont communities. We have a single goal: get fast, dependable, and affordable Internet to every Vermonter within our member towns (and maybe one day beyond)!
- Barre City
- Barre Town
- East Montpelier
- CVFiber Update – September, 2020There’s been an avalanche of news lately swirling around the challenge of building faster internet connections in rural areas. The state has been handing out large grants. Many have gone to private, for-profit “incumbent” telecommunications companies to build out their networks in limited areas where internet connections are slow. Vermont’s congressional representative, Peter Welch, hosted…
- CVFiber Update – August 2020Key Take-Aways: Extension of Existing Providers’ Lines Drawing Interest CVFiber Aiming for 2021 Fiber to the Premises Project Start CVFiber Applied for Federal Funds For Fixed Wireless Service in 2020 CVFiber Hiring Project Manager There’s been a lot of news, and questions, in the last few weeks about high-speed Internet expansion into rural areas. The…
- CVFiber Seeks Project ManagerCVFiber is seeking to contract with a multi-talented and energic individual who can rapidly support its mission and respond to the short-term COVID 19 pandemic needs in bringing highspeed broadband to our 20 communities (most in Washington County). In this role the Contractor will answer to the CVFiber Board and its Executive Committee/Business Committee. See…
- CVFiber Looks to Build-Out of Fast Fiber NetworkFOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: July 20, 2020 Contact: Jeremy Hansen, 802-279-6054 or [email protected] Having received approval from the state of its feasibility study on improving Internet connectivity in Central Vermont, CVFiber is moving forward aggressively in building partnerships and seeking funds to reach its goal of providing fast Internet access throughout the underserved areas of its…
- CVFiber Releases Community Survey ResultsIn the second-half of 2019 into early 2020, CVFiber conducted an 18-community survey asking community-members about their ability to purchase Internet connections as well as their experiences with their Internet providers. Through the survey CVFiber collected valuable information on a wide variety of topics to help guide its high-speed broadband feasibility and business planning. The…
- CVFiber Seeking Clerk [FILLED]We are currently looking for volunteers to help fill an important administrative function for CVFiber: Clerk. The position requires approximately a couple of hours a week. The responsibilities are: Registered agent for CVFiber with VT Secretary of State Send out public notice for governing board and committee meetings Take and distribute governing board meeting minutes…
- Response to QuestionsBelow is a link to a document containing answers to the questions submitted regarding the Response for Proposal for the feasibility study and business plan. https://cvfiber.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Responses-to-CVFiber-RFP-Questions.pdf
- CVFiber Issues RFP for a High Speed Broadband Feasibility Study and Business Plan.We are soliciting proposals for the development of a feasibility and business plan to evaluate feasibility, business structures, cost estimates and methods to build out a successful system by municipality or service area, identify linkages/partnerships with electric utilities and VELCO, educational and municipal entities, construction funding opportunities, revenue potential, and to identify where to begin construction of our network.…
- Requesting Your Help with the CVFiber Community SurveyCVFiber is our 17-community-owned municipal entity that needs your input as we move forward to bring a very high-speed fiber network to your home and business. To help with our planning of the network, we need to understand your interest so we can plan for the system. This is your system. We need to know…