The Planning & Development Committee is responsible for overseeing the design and installation of the infrastructure.
Planning and Development Committee Charter (PDC)
Adopted by the Board: January 26, 2021
The mission of CVFiber is to bring fast, reliable and affordable highspeed Internet to the residents, businesses, and government agencies of its twenty-member communities.
To that end CVFiber must develop plans for and construct a financially viable, fiber-to-the-premises (FTTP) and fixed wireless network infrastructure for a project that will require significant planning, numerous contracts, and four or more years to build out.
The PDC provides the Governing Board with recommendations for the planning, priorities, and construction, and oversight of the project.
B. PDC Responsibilities:
1. The PDC will:
- Develop a rolling three-year Master Plan for Board review and adoption
- Develop an annual strategic activity plan, which shall be presented to the Board no later than July 1st to facilitate preparation of the budget and Annual Reports in a timely manner
- Maintain a master schedule of annual activities and assignments
- Maintain a public Dashboard showing status of all ongoing development contract work
- Conduct planning and related studies as approved by the Board
- Recommend network development priorities
- Manage surveys, topographic records, pole audits and other data related to planning, contracting, and construction, as well as mapping and related support activities.
- Draft and recommend statements of work for development-related RFPs
- Review development-related proposals and make recommendations to the Board
- Work with local, state, and federal agencies as necessary, such as the Department of Public Service, Public Utilities Commission, and …
- Develop and propose agreements, MOUs with partner organizations
- Oversee Project Manager
- Participate with other CVFiber committees with at least one PDC member a member on each of the other CVFiber committees.
The PDC shall report to the Board at least monthly, more often as circumstances dictate, or as requested by the Board.
3. Contact Us
Please contact us via our Contact form.
Membership may include Delegates, Alternates, and community members appointed by the Board.