CVFiber is Hiring an Operations Manager!
CVFiber is excited to share that we are seeking to hire an Operations Manager as we ramp into full-time construction and soon, operation of our world class Internet service. Details of this exciting opportunity, including instructions to apply, are below. We look forward to seeing who applies!
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: February 14, 2023 or until the position is filled
CVFiber is a Vermont Communications Union District (CUD) that includes 20 towns in Central Vermont. We are building public fiber infrastructure to help ensure that every address with existing electric utility service will have access to affordable, reliable, high-speed broadband Internet. As a non-profit municipality, any revenue created will go towards building and repairing infrastructure and increasing affordability for our residents.
CVFiber is seeking an Operations Manager (OPM) for oversight of network operations and Internet service delivery.
The ideal candidate will have OM experience overseeing Operations of an Internet Service Provider.
We are looking for a confident and capable manager to assist as we continue with construction and ramp up our operational efforts and operational management needs. These scopes include collaborating with contractors, data, facilities, and materials, and working with the contracted operator of our network. This position will directly interface with and report to the Executive Director, and will interact with contracted vendors, partners, and committees.
The optimal candidate will have relatable experience and a proven track record in the industry. We are looking for a high-character, ambitious, and highly motivated individual who is looking to join an organization seeking to solve broadband inequity in Vermont.
This role will evolve as CVFiber evolves through its construction and operational phases, which will be overlapping.
LOCATION, HOURS, AND COMPENSATION
This is a full-time, salaried position that reports to the Executive Director. Compensation will be competitive and appropriate to qualifications. Benefits include health insurance and paid time off.
This position requires some District-wide travel for field observation, meetings with state and local regulatory bodies, and occasional industry events. The remote portion of the role requires that the person work from a home office with Internet access that can support Microsoft Teams and Zoom meetings. The ideal candidate is familiar with Vermont terrain and specifically the Central Vermont region.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaboration with operator partners for launch, maintenance and service of the network, upgrades, and regulatory compliance
- Support operational activities including testing, sign-ups, integration, and user experience
- Project Oversight and collaboration with CVFiber partners during phases of installation, testing/commissioning, integration, service, maintenance, and upgrades
- Project, operational and strategic planning fundamentals: initiating, planning, estimating, resourcing, scheduling, and budgeting
- Actively manage project-level activities and budgets with internal and external resources to meet deadlines within budget and within specification throughout build and operations
- Monitor budgeting, scheduling, and scoping tasks on multiple projects
- Support deployment activities including network design, construction, and NOC integration
- Review system designs and implementations to ensure proper construction, and any necessary maintenance of underground and aerial fiber optics builds
- Maintain and understand CVFiber databases and Software Applications—
- Databases: Network Design, Infrastructure Inventory; Materials; Customer; etc.
- Software: CrowdFiber; GIS; ArcGIS Online; and ArcGIS Pro; Microsoft Office
- Manage and negotiate work orders and change orders with contractors and partners to protect CVFiber interests
- Maintain project documentation and filings
- Develop and Maintain Operations Management Plan and Schedules
- Weekly reporting on project milestones and updates
- Ability to go into the field on an as-needed basis
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
10+ years of experience in commercial operations management. The ideal candidate is experienced in network deployments and managing operations.
- Experience in Contracts, Statements of Work (SOW) and Requests for Proposal (RFP)
- History developing network deployment program schedules and budgets
- Ability to manage multiple contractors, track progress, document decisions, and update project status
- Effective interpersonal skills with all levels of management and other personnel
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook platforms, ArcGIS Online, Google Earth, Smartsheet
- Bachelors degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, information technology, or equivalent experience
- Proven self-starter who is able to identify issues that need executive level decisions and ability to implement those decisions at the operations manager level
- Travel in Central Vermont up to 40%
- ISP Operations Management
- Dark Fiber operations, management, contract, or construction experience
- OSP and ISP construction experience
- ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online experience
- Open Access network development
To apply, send resume and cover letter to [email protected].
CVFiber is committed to diversity in the workplace, an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s race, creed (religion), color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender expression), or sexual orientation. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.